full-time | Santa Monica
The Little Market is looking for a highly motivated, strategic-thinking individual who is passionate about building a community of support to advance our organization’s work in fair trade and social justice. The Copywriter creates and owns the voice of The Little Market through its multiple communication channels, including (but not limited to) email marketing, web design, press coverage, events, in-store activations.
- Owns writing and creating attractive and creative copy across all marketing channels: marketing emails, website, social media, charity collaborations, events, printed materials, store signage, and brand materials.
- Creates mission and brand related copy for web designs.
- Assists with creating copy for printed materials including store signage, brochures, and custom inserts.
- Edit and proofread copy as needed.
- Conducting research to formulate ideas or support writing.
- Reviews incoming press opportunities with the Marketing Associate.
- Edits and packages PR gift guides on a quarterly basis.
- Assists with press responses included writing holiday- specific gift guides, interviews for Founders, remarks and talking points for events.
- Acts as a liaison with external partners/ contacts to coordinate and confirm event details including vendors, sponsors, and venues.
- Creates copy for charity collaborations and sales pitch presentations along with catalogues.
- Ability to collaborate with all departments including designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages).
- Works cross-functionally with Sales, Community, and E-commerce Departments to review copy on projects as needed.
- Assisting in other aspects of the creative or research processes to create cohesive, accurate content.
- Minimum requirement of assisting the warehouse team 3 days per year with miscellaneous warehouse tasks and order fulfillment, including transporting product as needed.
- Passion and interest in fair trade and women’s rights.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, English, or a related field preferred
- Relevant experience in copywriting and/or communication design.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, and active listening).
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills that reflect close attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Creative and innovative thinker who is self-motivating.
- Comfortable handling and digesting a large amount of real-time data.
- Strong organization and planning skills – able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- A high degree of professionalism, ethics, passion, industriousness, creativity, and a can-do attitude.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- An ability to learn and communicate about fair trade and social responsibility concepts.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Helpful and positive attitude toward customers and employees.
- Must bring own electronic devices (i.e. mobile device, laptop computer, etc.).
- Flexible work schedule (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
how to apply
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Copywriter" as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further. When you submit an application, please indicate your availability in your email.
- (No phone calls, please)