Development + Outreach Director
full-time | Santa Monica
The Little Market is looking for a self-starter with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit to lead fundraising efforts for the organization. This position will work across all levels and departments of our organization to find what makes us unique and help communicate it to the world. In addition to engaging our existing community of supporters, this individual would also be responsible for identifying and cultivating new opportunities. An ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with exceptional communication skills who is able to connect well with people.
- Strategy and vision: plan, lead and evaluate fundraising activities and campaigns; stay current on fund-raising trends and best in class stewardship.
- Management: steward existing donors and develop specific strategies for each donor; research, identify, cultivate, qualify and solicit new donors; expand support from foundations, individual donors and strategic giving campaigns such as Giving Tuesday; oversee grant writing including research, proposal writing, tracking and reporting requirements.
- Craft messaging and materials: create materials, including digital products, that communicate the organization’s non profit status, its commitment to giving back and its work in a way that is compelling and creative, including to prospective donors and supporters; collaborate with the marketing team to carry out coordinated communication with priority donor and supporter groups.
- Systems management: direct and grow development systems and infrastructure to maximize effectiveness, including developing a donor database that can be regularly updated.
- Provide regular income forecasting.
- Work collaboratively with and leverage Council members to maximize fundraising opportunities, including designing and executing high-level solicitations.
- Educate donors about the human rights and social justice dimensions relevant to artisans and producers with a specific focus on women’s rights.
- A strong background in nonprofit fundraising with at least five years experience
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating, stewarding, soliciting, and closing gifts from individual, major, corporate and foundation donors
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external audiences
- Excellent writing skills
- Comfortable working independently as part of a relatively small, nimble, and growing team and able to toggle between strategic thinking and detail-oriented implementation
- Familiarity with fundraising databases
- A self-starter with the ability to think independently, creatively and strategically
- High attention to detail
- Strong organization and planning skills
- A high degree of professionalism, ethics, industriousness
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Passion for fair trade and women’s rights
- Flexible work schedule (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
how to apply
Please send the following information to email@example.com with "Development + Outreach Director" as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further.
- (No phone calls, please)