full-time | Santa Monica
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact and the liaison for all internal and external affairs related to the Chief Executive Officer of The Little Market. Primary responsibilities include scheduling and coordinating meetings, providing project management support, assisting with communications and outreach, managing gifting and thank you processes, and providing administrative assistance.
- Acts as liaison with staff on behalf of the CEO.
- Handles information inquiries and informs the CEO of any deadlines and urgent turnarounds.
- Composes and prepares correspondence; responds timely to emails on the CEO’s behalf.
- Schedules and coordinates work-related calls and meetings, including sharing dial-information and calendar invites with participants, and making reservations as necessary.
- Confirms meetings, calls, interviews 24 hours beforehand and notifies CEO of cancellations. Attends meetings and takes minutes as necessary.
- Collaborates closely with the CEO on follow up and action items, to ensure timeline and thorough responses.
- Supports engagement and outreach with the organization's Council and greater community. Communicates directly with external parties, including Council members, influencers, celebrities, and donors.
- Prepares gifts and thank you notes, including ensuring accurate management of inventory. Updates invitation lists for events, and follow up, including thank you packages.
- Communicates with external parties, including council, influencers, celebrities, and donors.
- Updates records in the CRM database, ensuring information is recorded accurately.
- Provides staff with necessary briefing documents with details pertaining to partnerships, major campaigns, and outreach.
- Supports management of CEO’s Instagram feed using Planoly in order to highlight the organization, including creating Instagram Stories to showcase behind the scenes.
- Assists with planning and preparation for events, press interviews and meetings, coordinating with various parties to oversee execution and follow-up.
- Supports other areas of operations as needed, including but not limited to special events, inventory in warehouse, product transfers, retail support when there are call-outs.
- Performs all other duties assigned.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and above for deliveries.
- Solid experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), iCal, and Google Docs.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Clear communication skills (speaking, written, and active listening).
- Proactive hard worker who works well independently Professional and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Partners effectively with various people and organizations.
- Adaptable and willing to cross-train and work in other areas as needed.
- Flexible work schedule (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Interest in fair trade, social justice and women’s rights.
- Professional and polished communication style.
- Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion in all activities.
how to apply
Please send the following information to email@example.com with "Executive Assistant" as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further.
- (No phone calls, please)