full-time | Santa Monica
This highly motivated, creative individual will be creating content to serve as a means to engage supporters and bring to life the stories of our products and the artisans we work with, and raise awareness about fair trade and women’s rights. Working as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment, the Graphic Designer will be working on a variety of projects. This position will carry out designs to ensure a cohesive and polished brand presence.
- Collaborates with our in-house graphic designers on multiple projects
- Supports growth of our junior graphic designer through feedback
- Keeps files organized & shared with other design team members
- Communicates with printers and vendors efficiently and thoroughly
- Understands the details and knowledge needed for printed materials (CMYK vs. RGB, image resolution, paper weights, setting up print-ready files, etc)
- Designs layouts and compositions for printed materials (artisan inserts, store poster, etc)
- Design corporate catalogs, line sheets, and look books
- Designs packaging for custom boxes, mailers, and more
- Designs labels for products including candles, sugar scrub, soap, etc
- Design graphic elements for tote bags
- Designs emails for the sales team (wholesale, corporate gifting, and more)
- Designs back in stock and event emails for retail
- Designs weekly emails for The Little Market’s council members
- Designs all automated emails with a focus segmentation
- Creates branded social assets for all social media channels
- Creates gifs for social media and emails
- Creates designs for paid media (affiliate ads and pinterest ads)
- Supports creative content for the blog through graphics and content collaboration
- Support designs for the website
- Style The Little Market products at photoshoots
- Collaborate with team members to prepare inspiration images for photoshoots
- Support with planning shot list to ensure all assets needed for graphic design projects are captured at photoshotos
- Ensures that custom orders are maintained and designed in a timely manner
- Carry out existing designs across many platforms maintaining brand consistency
- Effectively prioritize projects
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Passion and interest in fair trade and women’s rights.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or a related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Illustrator required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A high degree of professionalism, ethics, passion, industriousness, creativity, and a can-do attitude.
- Familiarity with social media and design
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- Creative and innovative thinker who is excellent problem solving and time management skills managing multiple deadlines
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Motivated, professional and flexible with the ability to react quickly when the need arises.
- Proficiency to operate independently and strong communication skills to work with a team.
- An ability to learn and communicate about fair trade and social responsibility concepts.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Helpful and positive attitude toward customers and employees.
how to apply
Please send the following information to email@example.com with "Graphic Designer" as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further.
- (No phone calls, please)