Inventory Control Associate
full-time | Santa ANA, CA
Working as a part of a small and growing team in a fast-paced environment, this position manages the data integrity in a multi-channel inventory system. The Inventory Control Associate supports our Buyer/Product Merchant to receive in and allocate inventory for various sales channels. With a strong understanding of our customer needs and product sellout, this role will be able to communicate relevant product and inventory information to various departments to inform how it will be promoted on web and social, as well as to all of our sales teams. An ideal candidate intuitively has a strong understanding of product and market trends and product forecasting combined with a deep appreciation for ethically sourced, fair trade products and techniques. They will also be extremely detail oriented and serve as the key owner of our inventory management system.
- Analyzes and maintains inventory levels and data input of finished goods.
- Maintains physical inventory as required by production schedules and/or customer orders while minimizing inventory and carrying costs.
- Coordinates activities of employees engaged in inventory control.
- Supports planning and forecasting for future inventory levels based on sales forecast, current inventory levels, and outstanding purchase orders.
- Plans and coordinates distribution of goods to ensure that current inventory levels are within set parameters to meet customer demands.
- Resolves out-of-stock situations, discovers and analyzes discrepancies in inventory data, and recommends improvements for and helps implement changes to the inventory control systems.
- Optimizes against seasonal peaks and sales order fill rate objectives.
- Report quality control issues to Buyer/Product Merchant.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy and facilitating seasonal audits, working with Buyer/Product Merchant and Warehouse Manager to conduct physical audits 2-3 times per year.
- Create/maintain documents on processes relating to inventory management systems and coordinate and provide training for team members as needed.
- Collect important product details for operational needs, including weight, dimensions, etc., and creating and assigning all SKUs.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in business, product management, finance, or a related field is a plus. Or, a mix of education and relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a Buyer, Product Management and/or Product Merchant role.
- Strong proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets with ability to analyze and present data and trends.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel, QuickBooks Inventory Management, ClickUp, and Slack.
- CRM/ERP expertise preferred.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and strategic planning and execution experience.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to react quickly when the need arises.
- Strong organization and planning skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- A high degree of industriousness, professionalism and ethics.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Comfortable handling and processing a large amount of real-time data.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles is a plus.
- Ability to travel and flexible work schedule (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays).
Maintains all The Little Market’s Team Values including:
- Compassion & Empathy
- Mission-Focus & Passion
how to apply
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Inventory Control Associate" as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further. When you submit an application, please indicate your availability in your email.
- (No phone calls, please)