Manager of Finance and accounting
FULL-TIME | santa Ana, CA or Santa Monica, CA
Reporting to the COO and fractional-CFO, the Manager of Finance and Accounting will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day financial management of the organization including: the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial package; management of GL accounts; annual audit and related tax returns; and financial planning. As a member of the operations team, the MFA also sits on the organization’s leadership team and will work closely with the CEO and COO to review organizational and program budgets, cost allocations, and financial reporting, including payroll, bank reconciliations, benefits administration and other programs.
- Oversee organizational financial planning and monitoring
- Lead budget process, working with program leaders to develop budgets as necessary
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the auditor and lead the annual financial audit
- Ensure that the finance office is effectively carrying out its operational responsibilities
- Analyze financial reports to assist leadership across the organization with decision making
- Communicate the financial story to internal and external stakeholders
- Perform day-to-day accounting functions, data entry, and administrative tasks, including supporting bookkeeping
- Monitor and review finance transactional duties including payroll
- Support 3rd party service providers in tax compliance and financial audit
- Implement financial and operational metrics and analytics to present to Executive Management.
- Develop and implement business process improvement initiatives and strategies
- Increase the organization’s ability to anticipate business issues and drive good decision-making through sound financial management.
- Standardize accounting processes and procedures across all operations
- Identify deficiencies and further develop guidelines and processes corresponding to the rapid growth of the organization
- Continually review accounting policies and procedures to ensure that the organization is compliant with GAAP and statutory accounting for non-profit organization
- Implement reliable forecasting tools (P&L, cash flow and balance sheet)
- Minimum of five years of professional experience preferred, with at least three years of successful management-level experience in finance and accounting including budgeting, A/P, A/R, and financial reporting
- Public accounting experience and CPA license preferred
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting in the nonprofit sector
- Experience with ecommerce and inventory management strongly preferred
- Proficient in legal, audit, compliance and resource development
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Expert in spreadsheets.
- Flexible, self-starter able to multi-task while also being highly detail oriented
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the company’s mission.
- Ability to evaluate and assess current financial infrastructure, prepared to expand with the organization and implement time and cost-saving practices where needed
- Self-starting, goal-oriented individual with demonstrated ability to serve constituents across all levels and knowledge sets
- Ability to think cross-functionally and consider far-reaching implications of decisions outside of their own team
- Results and impact-oriented
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills, skilled at building relationships both internally and externally
Maintains all The Little Market’s Team Values including:
- Compassion & Empathy
- Mission-Focus & Passion
how to apply
Please send the following information to email@example.com with "Manager of Finance and Accounting" as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further. When you submit an application, please indicate your availability in your email.
- (No phone calls, please)