Product Development Associate
full-time | santa Ana
Working closely with the Product team, this position supports the development and design of new products for all collections, requiring effective communication and attention to detail. The Product Development Associate is in regular communication with artisans, sharing order and design details, and participating in internal planning and design meetings.
- Coordinates product development projects; reviews progress with Product Development Manager; and helps to communicate updates regularly to internal stakeholders and artisans and producer groups.
- Assists with placing product and sample orders with artisan and producer groups.
- Compiles product details in a centralized document, including name, pricing, shipping costs, care instructions, etc. to share with the internal team for product launches.
- Coordinates with shipping vendors and customs brokers on shipments of new products and reorders, including comparing pricing, ship times, and communicates shipping updates to internal teams.
- Supports research for product development concepts, and assists with ordering and coordinating the delivery of materials and supplies for production (i.e. labels, zippers, vessels, etc.).
- Coordinates sampling process, including approval of pre-production images, and physical samples for photo shoots.
- Supports quality control inspections at the warehouse as needed to ensure products that arrive match order details/specifications.
- Follows relevant sites and sources for industry trends.
- Supports with preparation of educational briefing documents for the internal team, including compiling key facts about products.
- Minimum requirement of assisting the warehouse team 3 days per year with miscellaneous warehouse tasks and order fulfillment, including transporting product as needed.
- 1+ year of relevant experience, preferably in product development or design.
- Interest in fair trade, social justice and women’s rights.
- Comfortable handling and digesting a large amount of real-time data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organization and planning skills – able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- A high degree of professionalism, ethics, industriousness.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships and rapport.
- Interest in fashion trends and artisan techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Flexible work schedule (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
how to apply
Please send the following information to email@example.com with "Product Development Associate" as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further.
- (No phone calls, please)