part-time | palisades
The Little Market Ambassadors serve as the face of our organization. As Ambassador, you will educate the public about the artisans, fair trade, human rights, social justice, and the mission and values of The Little Market. Our Ambassadors provide an exceptional retail experience where every guest leaves having learned something new. You will also be responsible for supporting operational procedures in the store, including sales transactions, merchandising, and stocking as well as opening and closing procedures.
- Embody and communicate The Little Market’s mission, core values, and brand philosophy to customers and teammates alike.
- Provide customers with excellent service in educating them about all of the products as well as finding the products or sales programs that meet their needs.
- Educate customers about our mission, the artisans, our programs, our products, and the cultural techniques.
- Assist customers and inform them of the ways they help our mission during our special in-store events, engagement initiatives, or other events taking place on the premises of the shopping center.
- Develop a strong understanding of the organization’s mission and be able to convey the stories about the artisan-made products to customers.
- Utilize mission knowledge, artisan knowledge, product knowledge, and service standards.
- Create amazing customer service and an educational experience.
- Complete opening and closing routines that include cleaning, opening, and closing (cashless) registers, stock replenishment, and ensuring the building alarms are set.
- Receive, unpack, and stock incoming deliveries of product and ensure quantities are reflected in our inventory system (weighs 10-40 lbs).
- Assist in preparing the store for the day at The Little Market’s standards, including merchandising, replenishing, cleaning, and organizing.
- Use educational and selling technique training to upsell to customers to make their order complete.
- Provide a seamless and efficient checkout process by utilizing the Point of Sale system, processing payments, refunds, and exchanges, and issuing gift cards.
- Participate in periodic and annual inventory to check stock levels.
- Report any feedback from customers, observations, and inventory levels about product performance to the Retail Store Manager.
- Execute operational processes effectively and efficiently.
- Passion, knowledge, and interest in our mission, fair trade, and women’s rights.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- 1+ years of previous retail, restaurant, or hospitality experience preferred.
- A good communicator with the ability to effectively communicate our mission as well as educate and interact with our community, customers, and team to meet goals.
- A customer-focused service provider both on and off the sales floor to help deliver an exceptional experience for our customers.
- Helpful and positive attitude toward customers and employees.
- Able to utilize retail technology including POS and computer skills.
- Extraordinary customer interaction, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent team player with the ability to lead and work independently.
- Ability to quickly adapt and embrace new procedures, processes, and shifts to priorities.
- Creative and innovative thinker who is self-motivating.
- Keen understanding of sales principles and customer service practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in English.
- Agreeable to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the organization including holidays, evening, overnight, and weekend shifts.
- Able to maneuver around the sales floor, stockroom, and office and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the store, as needed.
how to apply
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Ambassador Palisades Village" as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further. When you submit an application, please indicate your availability in your email.
- (No phone calls, please)