Sales + Outreach Associate
full-time | Los Angeles, CA or New York City, NY
This position supports our Sales Department by fielding incoming inquiries and assisting with client orders. Responsibilities include collaborating with customers to identify products that meet their specific needs, arranging for customization when requested, processing wholesale orders, and communicating with production and fulfillment teams to ensure order deadlines can be met. This position will also support invoicing, payment processing, and maintaining updated records.
- Communicate with boutique wholesale accounts that come through the Faire wholesale platform and firstname.lastname@example.org, set them up in system, and work with them to place initial orders and reorders
- Support Sales & Outreach team by helping to review orders, organize requested copy and product details, and prepare invoices when necessary for larger wholesale accounts
- Monitor and respond to daily inquiries received in the sales email accounts (design trade, sales, and wholesale), communicating knowledgeably and professionally to customers, addressing inquiries about artisan partners, products and programs
- Work closely with Sales & Outreach Manager to reach out to prospective clients and accounts, pitching current and custom gift options, and following through with orders
- Support Design Trade Program inquiries, assisting with setting up new designers with an account, and facilitating order requests.
- Communicate regularly with current accounts, proactively reaching out to secure and suggest reorders, and with the sales and production teams to confirm orders, arrange customization, and ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Deliver exceptional service to customers, including timely responses to emails with exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Work closely with the warehouse team to ensure that all elements of an order meet the customer’s requirements, including product details, custom hang tags or printed materials, presentation, packing and delivery.
- Manage account databases, update corporate gift log, and process payment
- Support with other assignments as needed
- 2+ years of relevant experience in business development, sales, or customer service
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable handling and digesting a large amount of real-time data
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high degree of professionalism, ethics, and industriousness
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Strong organization and planning skills – able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of and experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel, is a plus
- Helpful and positive attitude toward customers and employees
- Flexible work schedule (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Interest in fair trade, social justice and women’s rights.
Maintains all The Little Market’s Team Values including:
- Compassion & Empathy
- Mission-Focus & Passion
how to apply
Please send the following information to email@example.com with "Sales + Outreach Associate" as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further.
- (No phone calls, please)