Social Media Manager
FULL-TIME | Santa Monica
The Little Market is looking for a creative storyteller who is passionate about our mission to empower women and raise awareness about fair trade and social responsibility. The core function of the Social Media Manager is to bring to life the stories of our products and the artisans we work with in a way that resonates with our audiences on our various social media platforms. This individual will lead and manage our social media team and work closely with a small, cross-functional team to meet deadlines and respond to change.
This individual will partner with the Creative Marketing Manager to develop a social media calendar that is aligned with overall marketing strategy, production, event schedule, plan social media stories accordingly, and communicate that plan and any changes to a cross-functional team. She/He will develop the social media vision for all product launches and marketing stories, anticipate the needs for social media, and provide direction for copy and social media assets. This position will be responsible for cultivating our community through engagement and moderation via social media channels.
An ideal candidate will be able to pick up on The Little Market’s voice and have strong writing and communication skills with experience in copywriting and editing, and creative storytelling. We are looking for someone with experience with content development and creation, who possesses an exceptional attention to detail, and is looking to create meaningful impact through their work.
- Oversee all social media channels and scheduling of posts, including Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Manage the social media calendar to support all sales channels and outreach activities, including ecommerce, special events, sales program, and retail.
- Work closely with the Creative Marketing Manager to ensure social media marketing is aligned with the organization’s overall marketing strategy and campaigns.
- Oversee and continue to evolve and improve the moderation strategy and engagement to create a positive brand experience for our shoppers and community on social media.
- Execute and coordinate takeovers, special promotions, partnerships and giveaways.
- Oversee social media analytics and reporting and adjust strategy accordingly (i.e. Iconosquare, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Support launch of affiliate marketing program, onboarding of publishers, and evaluate success.
- Support paid media efforts and work closely with internal team and agency to develop effective ad campaigns.
- Develop social media concepts for marketing stories and campaigns, and determine needs for content, copy, photography and graphics.
- Communicate our mission, core values, product features, and artisan stories through social media.
- Write, review, edit and approve all copy for social media, and support copywriting for other marketing assets as needed.
- Support strategic plans for all social media platforms, including identifying opportunities for engagement on LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Regularly assess engagement of existing supporters and identify opportunities to attract new supporters.
- Respond quickly when a change is needed, develop a solution, and communicate with involved parties to ensure that the new course of action is implemented.
- Keep informed of industry trends and best practices.
- Manage a small team to oversee our social media strategy and regularly assess performance.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in social media and content.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to tell stories through social media.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Creative and innovative thinker who is self-motivating.
- Comfortable handling and digesting a large amount of real-time data.
- Strong organization and planning skills – able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- A high degree of professionalism, ethics, passion, industriousness, and a can-do attitude.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- An ability to learn and communicate about fair trade and social responsibility concepts.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Helpful and positive attitude toward customers and employees.
- Flexible work schedule (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Interest in fair trade and women’s rights.
Maintains all The Little Market’s Team Values including:
- Empower & Educate
- Compassionate & Empathetic
- Mission-Focused & Passionate
- Kindness & Respect
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Little Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Little Market does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
how to apply
Please send the following information to email@example.com with "Social Media Manager" as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further. When you submit an application, please indicate your availability in your email.
- (No phone calls, please)