The Little Market is a non-profit organization founded by women to empower women. We sell fair trade, ethically sourced products made by artisans in over 25 countries around the world. Join our team to help empower artisans in marginalized communities so they can build a brighter future for themselves and their families. We are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who are interested in gaining experience in e-commerce, digital marketing, product development, and fair trade. You will work as part of a small team in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
OPENINGS AT THE LA STORE
evenings + weekend shifts available | PACIFIC PALISADES, CA
▸ MORE DETAILS
The Little Market is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our sales team at our flagship store in Southern California! The Sales Associate will be responsible for creating a retail experience that meets the organization’s vision and that is engaging, efficient, and personalized for customers. Responsibilities will include providing exceptional customer service and supporting merchandising and operational needs of the store.
This position is based in Pacific Palisades, CA. Part-time and full-time opportunities are available for evening and weekend shifts. The store is scheduled to open in September 2018, and we anticipate that a successful candidate will start in September 2018.
- Provide exceptional service to customers.
- Develop a strong understanding of the organization’s mission and be able to convey the stories about the artisan-made products to customers.
- Provide a seamless and efficient checkout process with strong attention to detail.
- Report any feedback from customers or observations about product performance to Store Manager.
- Assist the Store Manager with creating merchandising presentations in store.
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of the store are maintained at all times.
- Regularly check inventory levels on floor and restock product as needed.
- Receive and unpack incoming deliveries of product and ensure quantities are reflected in inventory system.
- Participate in periodic physical inventory to check stock levels.
- Support any special in-store events or engagement initiatives, or other events taking place on the premises of the shopping center.
- Act as a brand ambassador reflective of the organization’s values and aesthetic.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Retail/service experience preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent client service and communication skills.
- Able to work flexible days/nights/hours including weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency to operate independently.
- Interest in fair trade and women’s rights is a plus!
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following information to email@example.com with Sales Associate as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Social media links
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further. When you submit an application, please indicate your availability in your email.
(No phone calls, please)