Behind-the-Scenes: Our Office Transformation with The Home Edit
When we thought about decorating our new office, we were excited for all the possibilities but a little overwhelmed! We knew we wanted a space to wrap gifts, arrange artisan-made goods, and work productively with our team — and we hoped to create an environment that was a reflection of The Little Market.
Thanks to Joanna Teplin, Clea Shearer, and the entire team at The Home Edit, our office is all of the above and so much more. They helped us move in and reinvent the space, surpassing all of our organizing dreams in a way that's realistic to maintain on a day-to-day basis. As they say, it’s a perfect “blend of form and function.” We could not be happier!
Keep reading to see before-and-after photos of the office, organizing tips, and a look at the unique pieces in our collection that double as both décor and storage solutions.
From Bare to Beautiful: Take a Peek at Our Office Makeover
As we have brought in new pieces, the color-coordinated storage solutions have helped us keep up with the organization and aesthetic in the long run. And the different “zones” hold us accountable, ensuring all of our team members are on the same page about where different pieces go.
Plus, a Few Snapshots Behind-the-Scenes
It was surreal to see their truck on our street!
We are so grateful to the entire team at The Home Edit for being so conscientious and handling each artisan-made piece with love and care. Their kind words about our mission at The Little Market to empower women globally made the journey even more impactful.
It’s also an honor to have Joanna and Clea as Council members in our ever-growing community. They lend their time and talents to make a unique contribution to our mission of creating dignified income opportunities for women and other underserved communities.
5 Lessons + Organizing Tips We Learned from The Home Edit
We learned so much from Joanna and Clea, and their organization expertise continues to bring so much joy and a sense of ease to our daily lives. It’s a reminder of how the little details can make a huge difference.
Here are five (of the many!) takeaways we’ll carry with us.
1. When organizing shelves, be mindful to place bigger items on the bottom and smallest on the top to make the space feel more cohesive.
2. To make the most of cozier spaces, embrace wall space for decorating rather than taking up real estate in the room.
3. Consider using space above shelves to maximize storage opportunities where available. For example, they beautifully squeezed in even more baskets in the space above the closet.
4. Don’t be afraid to get creative when decorating mantels! We love how they styled our collection of woven planters to decorate the mantel with texture and greenery.
5. For a thoughtful refresh that will last, prioritize making sure the space is realistic to maintain.
Explore Handmade Goods from The Little Market
From baskets and bags to totes and pantry staples, all our products featured on the show and each piece in our collection is handmade and tells the story of the maker, the technique, and its origin. With every purchase, you’re supporting artisans across the world who earn fair, livable wages and build brighter futures for themselves and their families.